Choosing the right water heater for you can be as easy as 1 2 3... First how many people are living in the home? Second how big is the bath tub, that Jacuzzi can make a big difference. Third what is in the budget.
How do I know if I am getting the right size? To select the right size electric or gas fired water heater for your home here are a few simple questions that you can answer and then go to the chart below.
1. Determine if you are low or high demand. Your household is high demand if...
- There are more than two full baths in the house.
- There are or will be teenagers living in the home. Think about those long showers and extra wash loads for the latest styles.
- Do you have an over sized tub or a whirpool bath. If you do your water heater capacity you match that of your tub. An example would be if you have a 100 gallon tub would need a 100 gallon water heater.
2. Find your family size in the chart below and read across to find the first hour rating requirements. If your family met any of the high demand items above move up to the next size.
|FAMILY SIZE||FIRST HOUR RATING REQUIREMENT|
|2 People||45 - 55 Gallons|
|3 People||55 - 65 Gallons|
|4 People||65 - 75 Gallons|
|5 People||75 - 85 Gallons|
|6 People||85 - 100 Gallons|
|7 or More People||100 or More Gallons|